Welcome to Joolz Yoga
From My Home To Yours
Private Yoga Instruction + Zoom or FaceTime yoga classes
I’ve started some Zoom and Facetime Yoga classes which means we can practice from the comfort of your own home. Grab a tea, coffee or water, some comfy clothes and if you can get hold of a yoga mat, even better.
You can join from anywhere
Yoga is a way to connect to ourselves when we lose our way.
The practice I teach is very grounding, with its roots in Ashtanga yoga has built a strong foundation for me. This is not suitable for everyone, so I modify postures and breath according to your ability. You can go at your own pace.
You can give a donation towards your class (via secure PayPal) using the button below.
"Pranayama trains the lungs improving the nervous and respiratory system, with regular practice, it is healing and supercharges your whole body."
Yoga is great for everyone
Yoga is about so much more than flexibility. By focusing on the movement and tapping into the breath during this time, anxiety and worry can be released. These are the tools to teach you how to self soothe and embrace uncertainty, bringing us back to the present moment.
We will lightly touch base on Pranayama
Pranayama is the conscious awareness of the breath and life force. It is both energizing and relaxing.
Pranayama trains the lungs improving the nervous and respiratory system, with regular practice, it is healing and supercharges your whole body.
What we'll be working on
- Gentle Yoga – for those who want uneasy stretch
- Vinyasa Flow – a series of postures flowing together with the breath
- Yoga Nidra – relieves stress can be as restorative as sleep
- Beginners Ashtanga Yoga – a set of postures in order helps you focus, very energetic, synchronising breath with movements
- Ashtanga full series – For those who have already completed a beginner’s course – great for people like more of a cardio workout
- Meditation – Finding ‘The Zone’ a place where you can learn to pay more attention to your breath, you’re not trying to turn your feelings or thoughts off but rather learning to notice them without judgment. It’s like exercising like any other muscle, with practice it gets easier.
My name is Julie Mcguire. I’m a certified Yoga instructor with CYS Yoga Alliance and deepened my practise in Mysore, India under the supervision of Shri K. Pattabhi Jois.
I’m also lucky enough to have studied under Acharya Venkatesha and Acharye Hema, world-renowned Yoga teachers.
Essential oils to enhance your practice
The Inbetween Book ~ Your Warrior Guide
The Inbetween Book was created as a collaboration between myself and Kate George. The book can be used as companion to your yoga practice.
“The Inbetween book is a treasure chest of ideas to build your sense of self-worth and of optimism for our beautiful world. You will be guided by our warrior sisters’ who will empower and inspire you, through their stories. Magical artwork and poetry will transport you to their warrior worlds.”